Future Leaders Program -
Last Day to Apply
IMBA members, just a reminder that Friday is the last day we will be accepting applications for the Fall 2021 Future Leaders class.
We will again be doing this in a virtual setting, in conjunction with members of the Mortgage Bankers of Kentucky, and utilizing Zoom for all classes. These classes will be the mornings of the following dates:
- October 19th and 20th
- November 16th and 17th, and,
- December 14th and 15th
Below is a brief interview with a graduate of our Spring 2021 Indiana and Kentucky class, Jamie Swindler, Regional Mortgage Sales Manager at Stock Yards Bank & Trust. As a follow-up, she sent in two applications for this fall class yesterday!
Additional feedback from our Spring 2021 and Fall 2020 students included:
- 'I have really found this course helpful as I have only worked for one company. It was nice hearing how other companies do things.'
- 'The speakers you have volunteering for this program truly do a wonderful job with their presentations and breaking things down for us.'
- 'I think this course can be a great resource for others, especially those that are just getting started in the business. If I took this course in 2014 when I joined the business, I think it would have been great to understand other parts of the business. Similar to taking a tour of the company building, this would be a tour through the industry.'
- 'The program was very informative and gave us an opportunity to get a broader overview of all facets of the mortgage industry.'
- 'All speakers were very knowledgeable, friendly, inspiring, and willing to explain when questions were asked.', and,
- 'This course is a helpful tool to better understand the mortgage industry and is beneficial to new employees as well as employees with experience in the industry.
We will be starting the sessions between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM, and finishing up no later than noon each day. The class the fee for this is $159/student, with this fee due before the first class date.
As we have had much success in this over the past 6 years, we will again have 9 modules that will be presented by industry experts that will cover the following major components of the industry:
- Legislative/Regulatory, and,
Students participating in this will again have group projects that will be assigned in October with presentations on the last day in December.
For more details on these modules, click here for the program curriculum. Also, if you are interested in applying, click here for the link to the online application, or, click here for the paper application. There is no fee at this time, and applications must be received by the end of today. Confirmation of acceptance will be early the following week.
Please call or e-mail the IMBA office if any questions and we look forward to offering another valuable class!
All students accepted into this program are expected to attend each session, pro-actively participate, and may have pre and post class assignments to complete and turn in.